Sunday, June 10, 2007

Look Ma! No Flies!

My old Siamese cat starting having issues with her food awhile back so I started having to give her a canned chicken "dinner." They are less than 30-cents a can so I'm not complaining about the cost.

What bugs me are the number of flies in the kitchen now since she doesn't lick her plate clean. There are dozens of them. And I've got to be honest here, I don't like flies hanging around when I'm making dinner. We all know how flies are attracted to shit, and food. I don't want flies on my cutting board, or on my food. I go absolutely insane.

So today I went to Home Depot and bought some of those little things that look like they might be Chinese fireworks. You pull the string while twisting the bottle counter-clockwise and this sticky tape comes out which is supposed to trap flies in the icky Thump glue. So far, no flies. Funny, since there are still quite a few hovering about in the kitchen.



I was just taking the last swig out of my beer and I felt some solid substance in my mouth. Thinking it was an abnormally large piece of food leftover from my lunch that had somehow dislodged itself from my teeth, I picked it out only to discover it was a DEAD FLY!

GROSS!

My only question is, why don't they go to the sticky tape? I guess we have smart flies here.

No comments: